- Bifocal Intraocular lenses: Bifocal intraocular lenses have two focal points, allowing for clear vision at both far and near distances. If you want to see clearly at a greater distance and become less reliant on visual aids, pick this option over a monofocal IOL.
- Trifocal Intraocular lenses: These are the most advanced intraocular lenses (IOLs) on the market today, with clear vision for close, intermediate, and long distances. They’re made to give patients independence from eyeglasses and live an active life.
- EDoF Intraocular lenses: EDoF (Extended Depth of Focus) intraocular lenses provide a greater range of focus. It allows clear eyesight ranging from far to intermediate distances. However, patients using EDoF lenses may need to wear reading glasses for activities like reading fine print and doing other close-up work.
Why Choose Multifocal IOLs?
Multifocal Intraocular Lens Implants (multifocal IOLs) is the one-stop solution for cataract patients who want both their distant and near vision corrected.
Intraocular lenses (IOLs) are artificial lenses used to replace natural lenses during cataract surgery. Patients with cataracts were previously offered a mono-focal implantable lens that improved either distant or near vision, but not both. Today, cataract patients can choose multifocal IOL lenses that can correct vision from afar, up close, and all distances in between.
There are three types of multifocal IOLs depending on the number of focal points present. They are 一
If you are eligible, the multifocal IOL surgery will benefit you a lot.
- Depending on the lens model chosen, multifocal IOLs improve close, midrange, and far-distance vision. In many situations, people no longer need to wear corrective lenses after having the lenses implanted.
- It will save you a lifetime cost of reading glasses and/or contacts since you will no longer have a need for them.
- Unlike contact lenses, you don’t have to worry about upkeep or maintenance with multifocal IOLs. Once they are implanted, they don’t require any additional care or routine replacement.
Though patients may take some time to adjust to their IOLs, these lenses have a long-term, positive influence on thousands of lives each year.
Get your multifocal IOL surgery performed by the best ophthalmologists in coastal Karnataka at Prasad Netralaya. If you have any more queries and are seeking a consult, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!