While we are all facing daily challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we still have to do our best to address any other health concerns that come up. This is true for eye care as well. At Prasad Netralaya, we have taken several measures to ensure your safety when you visit our hospital. Here are the highlights:
- At the hospital entrance, we have staff conducting temperature checks of all visitors and noting down all their details including name, address and contact number.
- If the temperature check shows us that the visitor has a fever, we redirect them to the nearest COVID-19 hospital so that they can seek appropriate treatment. This way, anyone coming to Prasad Netralaya for eye treatment can be sure that there are no COVID-19 patients at our hospital.
- We have separate seating arrangements for any family members or friends who accompany our patients. This way, we ensure that the hospital is not crowded and social distancing is implemented properly.
- We have very stringent guidelines for patients coming from out of district or for those who have recently travelled from a different country. We ensure that we get a signed declaration from these patients with details of their travel history and quarantine period.
- Our doctors, nurses and support staff all wear N95 masks and face shields at all times to ensure their safety as well as yours. We provide masks to patients as well and these are secured with a small piece of tape over the nose.
- We have created specially designed partitions to conduct eye tests. This way, our staff can conduct eye inspections while ensuring the safety of patients at the same time.
- After a patient is tested, all equipment used in the test is disinfected using Sodium Hypochlorite solution and Sterilium sanitizer.
- Everything that people come into contact with throughout the hospital, including lift buttons and chairs, as well as both the general and private wards, are sanitized on a regular basis.
- While performing both minor and major surgeries, our doctors and staff take the utmost care to ensure the safety of our patients. The entire operation theatre is sterilised using Sodium Hypochlorite solution.
By complying with all the recommended measures suggested by government authorities as well as those suggested by the World Health Organization, Prasad Netralaya is committed to providing you with the eye care that you require in these challenging times.
With experienced staff and state-of-the-art technology, you can be sure that you are getting the best ophthalmological care in the city of Mangalore. Reach out to us and book an appointment to speak to our doctors right away!